- Boston Public Schools
- Boston Public Schools Homepage
MAYOR JANEY ANNOUNCES 2021 CITY OF BOSTON SCHOLARSHIP FUND AWARDEES
Thursday, September 16, 2021 - This fall, Mayor Kim Janey and the City of Boston Scholarship Committee awarded 19 Boston students up to $10,000 in scholarships to help fund their higher education. Nearly 100 students currently receive an annual scholarship of $2,500 through the fund for the duration of their undergraduate education. In total, the fund will distribute nearly $240,000 in scholarships this year, making college more accessible for Boston residents.
- They represent eight neighborhoods across the City;
- They are attending 12 different colleges and universities across the Commonwealth;
- On average, they have a financial need gap of $5,210 per year, as determined by the city’s partners at uAspire;
- 100% identified as people of color; (68% identified as Black/African-American, 32% as Latino/a, 16% as Asian/Pacific Islander)
- 26% were born outside the United States;
- 26% are the first in their family to attend college;
- 100% of seniors attended Boston Public Schools;
- 47% will be attending public colleges and universities.