Our school diverse school population includes grades K0-8, with programs in early childhood/center-based early intervention, full day K1, Inclusion and general education classes, advanced work class (AWC, grades 4-6), Multi-Lingual Sheltered English Instruction, and Children's Center classes for multiple profound disabilities including students with both intellectual disabilities and orthopedic impairments.
Our school hours are from 8:30 am - 3:10 pm. For those who qualify, transportation is available through the city. To check on your child's bus, click here for the "Where's My School Bus?" web app. Early Dismissal, (the day before Thanksgiving and last two days of school) is at 1:10 pm.
Families, please note that students may not be dissmissed early after 2:30 pm.
Free breakfast is available for all students beginning at 8:15 am in the cafeteria. The Boston Public Schools will serve free meals – both lunch and breakfast -- to all students, regardless of their income status this year. Boston becomes one of the largest cities in the nation to join a program aimed at serving healthy meals to more children and save families money. For more on this innovative program, click here.
Our teachers work collaboratively to plan and deliver effective instruction that is reflective of assessment data, the Common Core Standards, and diverse student needs. An updated outdoor classroom, playground, before and after school programs and a bullying prevention program are just some of the offerings that enhance our safe and welcoming environment for all students and families.
Extended Day Programs
Before School ProgramThe James F. Condon Before School Program is offered to students on a first come, first serve basis. Run by the Condon Staff, the Condon Before School Program operates from 7:15 a.m. - 8:15 a.m. Monday through Friday at a cost of roughly $3.00 per day with a reduced rate for families with more than one child in the program. Call the school at 617-635-8608 for more information or to pick-up an application from Ms. Dowd.
After School ProgramsThere are several after school programs that operate in conjunction with the Condon School. Each program has different costs, hours and opportunities. Here are a few:
- The Condon Club operates from 3:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. This in-house program is operated by the South Boston Boys and Girls Club. They offer homework help and enrichment to over 100 students in grades K2-Grade 6. Contact David Shaw at 617-307-6075 for more information and applications. Vouchers are accepted.
- South Boston Neighborhood House is a community based program located in South Boston. For more information, call 617-268-1619.
- Labouré's YTY (Youth Tutoring Youth)- A very short walk from the Condon School, Labouré offers after school programming to Condon Students. Call 617-464-8585 for more information.
- Condon Community Center - School-Aged Child Care After School Program (SACC) offers after school programming to a small group of students. SACC operates from 3:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Call the Condon Community Center at 617-635-5100 for details.
- Paraclete Center - located nearby on E street, Paraclete offers after school programming for students in grades 4-8 until 8pm Monday-Thursday, and 6pm on Fridays for a small fee. Visit paraclete.org for more information.