Roosevelt K-8 School
The Franklin D. Roosevelt K-8 School is committed meeting the academic and social needs of the diverse learners in every classroom by providing a rigorous learning experience and enrichment opportunities. We are a community of scholars.
In partnership with families and the community, our staff provides a safe, nurturing learning environment for our children. We value the individuality of each child and strive to empower every student with critical and creative thinking skills. Our staff models the habits of life-long learning, respect for others, and responsible citizenship that we aim to instill in every Roosevelt student.
- K1-8 full inclusion school on two campuses
- Safe and structured school culture
- Highly experienced teaching staff
- Onsite counseling services provided by Arbour, Primary Project, and Home for Little Wanderers
- Technology Goes Home program offered to families outside of school time
- Strong family/community engagement
- Before and after school programs on site.
Special academic programs:
- Special education: full inclusion school
Before and after school programs in our building:
- Before school programs, 7:30-8:15, offered at each campus; BOKS free movement program two days a week at each campus, fall and spring
- After school: Little Voices, K1-grade 5, every day; America SCORES soccer, grades 3-5, fall and spring; Intramural sports by season (basketball, double-dutch, volleyball), grades 6-8; International Economic Summit Club (October to January), grades 6-8
PrincipalBannet SteeleRoosevelt Lower Campus: K1-130 Millstone Road
Hyde Park, MA 02136Phone: 617-635-9280
Roosevelt Upper Campus: Grades 2-895 Needham Road
Hyde Park, MA 02136Phone: 617-635-8676
8:30 a.m. - 3:10 p.m.
Early dismissal, the day before Thanksgiving and the last two days of school: 12:40 p.m.
School Type: Regular