The Michael J. Perkins School is the “Home of Outstanding World Learners.” We are preparing to provide our children with an unparalleled learning experience that broadens them as thinkers, problem-solvers, and change agents. With solid teaching and learning, we are enhancing the creativity, passion, and optimism each child brings to our campus. Our goal is to educate, empower, and elevate each young person to excellence as learners and global citizens!
Our children flourish because we have developed a Student Success Team model where we focus on the social, emotional, physical, and intellectual needs of the Whole Child. Our Student Success Team includes educators, advocates, specialists, parents, and community partners who are committed to cultivating resources and interventions to support our children.
With solid teaching and learning, we will enhance the creativity, passion, and optimism your child brings to our campus. Our goal is to educate, empower, and elevate your son/daughter to excellence as learners and global citizens.Special Features:
- School Success Team model that supports the social, emotional, physical, and intellectual needs of the whole child.
- Outdoor classroom that inspires creativity in artistry, writing, reading, and the sciences
- Brothers of Distinction, MJP Boys’ Program
- Wonderfully Made, MJP Girls’ Group
- Perkins Pride Student Ambassadors Program
- Student Council
- Community Day of Scholars awards program
- Parent 2 Hour Program Initiative
- International Potluck Literacy Night
- STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Artistry & Mathematics) Clubs
- Exclusive MJP Fill the Bucket Program
- After school programs near the school at the Dorchester YMCA, Joseph M. Tierney Learning Center, Paraclete Academy, Ollie, and South Boston Neighborhood House.
- Guaranteed assignment to grade 6 at the McCormack Middle School.
- Tufts University, Boston Housing Authority, Fourth Presbyterian Church South Boston, South Shore Mental Health for onsite counseling, Lesley University, New Balance Foundation, Boston University Dental School/Kool Smiles, The Paraclete Academy, Tierney Learning Center/South Boston Boys & Girls Club, MassStart/Wediko Children’s Services
- BOKS fitness
50 Rev. Burke Street
South Boston, MA 02127
8:30 a.m. - 3:10 p.m.
Early Dismissal, the day before Thanksgiving and last two days of school: 12:40 p.m.
School Type: Regular