The Ohrenberger School
The Ohrenberger School strives to develop a nurturing learning community in which all students can thrive. We work hard to instill a love of learning in our students and push them to become critical thinkers and community leaders.
The Ohrenberger implements the Reading Street reading program at the elementary grades and the McDougal Littell English/Language Arts program in the middle school grades. With respect to mathematics, we implement the TERC Investigations curriculum in the elementary grades and the Connected Math Program in middle school. In addition, all students receive science instruction from a science specialist. We work to integrate opportunities for student inquiry and collaboration across all content areas.
Our English language learners receive instruction in regular classrooms with ESL supports and/or in our Sheltered English Instruction (SEI) program. We also have a variety of supports for students with disabilities. We have resource room supports as well as a learning and adaptive behavior program for students with emotional disabilities.
- Making Music Matters instrumental program for grades 3-5
- Berklee College of Music Faculty Outreach program for grades 6-8
- After school enrichment programs in partnership with the Ohrenberger Community Center
- Before and after school child care programs
- Extracurricular sports opportunities for students in grades 6-8
- After school tutoring through a partnership with Noble and Greenough School
- Roughly 50 students accepted into exam schools each year
- Tutors through a parternship with the Temple Emmanuel Literacy Coalition
- Student teachers from Northeastern University, Curry College and UMass Boston
- Guaranteed assignment to grade 3 for Beethoven School 2nd graders
Special academic programs
- Advanced Work Class for eligible students in grads 4-6
- AVID college readiness program
- Special Education: resource room supports; Learning and Adaptive Behavior (L/AB) program for students with emotional disabilities
- English Language learners: Multilingual SEI program at all grade levels
Before and after school programs in our building
- Before school from 7:00 am: $6 per day
- After school: enrichment programs in partnership with the Ohrenberger Community Center, 1-2 afternoons per week $35 for 10 sessions; childcare from 2:30-5:30 for grades 3-5, $20 per day.
175 West Boundary Road
West Roxbury, MA 02132
8:30 a.m. - 3:10 p.m.
Early Dismissal, the day before Thanksgiving and last two days of school: 12:40 p.m.
School Type: Traditional