Mozart Elementary School
Mozart students are ROCK stars! They are Respectful, Open, Cooperative, and Kind. The Mozart is a small and welcoming school in Roslindale. It is small enough that teachers get to know every student in the building and students feel as though everyone is looking out for them. Staff work with each other and outside resources to differentiate instruction so they can meet the needs of a diverse population of student learners.True to its name, the Mozart offers music classes for every student and instrumental lessons for every student in 3rd through 5th grades. The school has a program for students with autism from K0 through 5th grade and offers tutoring and counseling for students who need those supports.We challenge and support all students to think critically, embrace challenge, and contribute positively to our community. Academic, artistic, social-emotional, and physical learning are essential aspects of the education all students deserve.
- Highly effective program for students with autism
- On-site before and after school programming for students in K1 through 5th grade
- Technology instruction is embedded in 1st-5th grade classrooms
- Science, physical education, art, music, and library specialty classes
- Semi-private flute, clarinet, trumpet and violin lessons for students in grades 3-5 through partnership with Making Music Matters!
- NAEYC accredited Early Childhood program
- Active and diverse School Parent Council
- Beautiful facility with an outdoor classroom frequented by science classes and a renovated playground
- Counseling and tutoring through partnerships with the Boston Institute for Psychotherapy and the Jewish Coalition for Literacy
- Enrichment opportunities through partnerships with BOKS and the Eliot School
- Experienced and devoted staff with very low turnover
- Guaranteed assignment to the Irving Middle School
Special academic programs
- Special Education: autism program for K0-grade 5
Before and after school programs in our building
- Before school: Fee based, rates vary. BOKS physical activity before school program, a free program offered in fall and spring sponsored by Reebok
- After school, 3:30-6:00 pm: program for K2-5 run by the West Roxbury YMCA; program for K1 run by Mozart School staff
236 Beech Street
Roslindale, MA 02131Phone: 617-635-8082Fax: 617-635-8087School Hours9:30 am - 4:10 pmEarly Dismissal, the day before Thanksgiving and last two days of school: 2:10 p.m.
School Type: Regular