Lee K-8 School
The Joseph Lee School community continuously works towards creating an environment of high performance standards and expectations for all students. We believe this model encourages organization, college readiness, and higher academic achievement.
All students have access to our out of school time program with academic and arts enrichment and sports. During this time they receive an additional academic course as well as apprenticeships/enrichment with Boston-based partners. This is tailored to meet all student populations.
What makes our school special
- Out of school learning time
- Peer Buddies and other programs to promote inclusion of all students
- Recipient of Thomas Payzant School on the Move Award
- Recipient of State of Massachusetts Commendation for academic achievement
- Specialized arts program, computer, and physical education
- Programs and student teachers from UMass Boston, Simmons College, and Wheelock College
- Student teachers from UMass and Wheelock
- A School Parent Group that encourages parental involvement and a strong home-school learning partnership
- Facilities: auditorium, library, pool, gymnasium, playground, outdoor classroom, athletic field, art room, sensory room, science and computer labs, cafeteria
Special academic programs
- Advanced Work Class for eligible students in grade 4, 5 and 6
- AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination) college readiness
- Specialized program for students with Autism Spectrum Disorder – 17 classrooms
- Children’s Hospital, Codman Square Health Center, Anthony Perkins Community Center, South Bay, Wheelock College, Simmons College, and University of Massachusetts Boston.
After school programs in our building
- K0-8: Out of School Time Program, 1:30-4:15 pm, $40 per week
- K0-8: After care, 4:15-6:00 pm, $30 per week additional
Contact the Lee K-8
Director of InstructionGert Sweeney
155 Talbot Avenue
Dorchester, MA 02124
United StatesPhone617-635-8687Fax617-635-8692School Hours7:30 am - 2:10 pm
Early Dismissal, the day before Thanksgiving and last two days of school: 12:10 p.m.
School Type: Traditional