Kilmer K-8 School
The Kilmer is an academically rigorous school with an experienced, caring staff. We are focused on high achievement for all students, preparing students for success first and foremost through good instruction in the classroom. We also value student motivation and interest and are committed to developing students who will be active participants and learners in our global society.
In addition to the core academic subjects, we offer visual art, music, a dynamic physical and health education program, and science classes, allowing all students to have a balanced, well-rounded experience. The science lab in the Upper School is completely updated and fully equipped and the entire campus has just undergone a technological upgrade with IPAD centers, interactive projectors, multiple laptop carts and document cameras.
We have a highly effective inclusion strand of classes, where students with special needs and students without identified needs are integrated into one classroom. This classroom has a highly qualified and dual-certified teacher as well as two Para-professionals. This model has been highly successful and beneficial to our entire school community.
- Experienced, caring staff
- Focus on academics
- K-8 school housed on two sites
- High MCAS success rate
- Involved parents
- Ranked among the top 5 BPS schools on 2010 MCAS by Boston.com
- Named a top-ranked Boston Public Elementary School by Boston Magazine
Special academic programs
- Special Education: Inclusion classrooms and highly specialized K-8 program for children with autism.
Before and after school programs in our building
- Before and after school care for all students available every day; all students are eligible to take a school bus to and from the lower campus for this program.
- Before and after school instrument lessons offered through the Dedham School of Music for a fee.
35 Baker Street, MA 02132
140 Russett Road
West Roxbury, MA 02132
9:30 am - 4:10 pm
Early dismissal, the day before Thanksgiving and last two days of school: 1:40 p.m.
School Type: Traditional