Patrick J. Kennedy Elementary School
The Patrick J. Kennedy Elementary School is nestled in the heart of East Boston. We are a small, close knit school that currently enrolls about 300 students. Our staff of more than forty professionals are dedicated to serving our children. It is our mission to educate our students by providing a safe, healthy and family-like environment. We offer a caring and stimulating environment for all of our students to grow both academically and emotionally.
At the PJK, we value the importance of family involvement and host monthly family engagement activities. We offer a character education curriculum that focuses on the Kennedy Keys to Success. We encourage our students to adopt these core values and apply them to their daily lives. We believe it is our duty to keep our students motivated and inspired. We do not settle for mediorcrity, we expect all of our students to strive for personal excellence. Our goal is to provide our students with the skills, values and knowledge they need to become tomorrow's leaders.
- Our mission: We strive to provide our students with the skills , values, knowledge, and experiences they will need to become tomorrow’s leaders
- Highly skilled, professional faculty committed to educating the whole child
- Innovative music program including percussion, violin, recorder, and chorus
- Honors Academic Program for 4th and 5th grade students
- Technology Goes Home: computer instruction for parents and students together, and no-interest loans to buy a computer at the end of the program
- Focus on literacy, with publishing parties, Book Fair, and dramatic performances
- America SCORES Boston soccer and writing program for grades 3–5
- Active School Parent Council and School Site Council involved in Fall Festival, Holiday Bazaar, Field Day, and musical concerts
- Citi Arts in-school arts programming, music, physical education
- ESL classes for parents
- Guaranteed assignment to grade 6 at the Edwards Middle School or Umana Academy
Special academic programs
- Three full-time ESL teachers for English language learners
- Special education: one K0 early childhood classrooms, one K2 inclusive classroom and one primary transition classroom
- America SCORES Boston soccer, Boston College, Northeastern University, Community Design Center, Community Music Center of Boston, Eagle Hill Civic Association, East Boston Collaborative, Heavy Advertising, Kiwanis, Lexia Learning Systems
Before and after school programs in our building
- Before school, 8:00-9:00 am: Open to all students 5 days a week; activity time and an opportunity to work on homework; $5 per day.
- After school: For Kids Only after school program until 6:00 pm: Music Club, Theater Club, Science Club, Arts and Crafts Club, Dance Crew, homework help
- America SCORES Boston soccer and writing for grades 3-5 in the fall and spring
343 Saratoga Street
East Boston, MA 02128Phone: 617-635-8466Fax: 617-635-8469School Hours8:30 am - 3:10 pm
Early dismissal, the day before Thanksgiving and last two days of school: 1:10 p.m.
School Type: Regular