Higginson/Lewis K-8 School
Our school is a community based, family oriented, full service school with a strong academic focus. Our modernized building includes a gymnasium, cafeteria and auditorium, all of which are used to enhance our academic offerings.
We have many community partners that support our academic and social emotional missions to improve and enhance student achievement though our guiding values: Respect, Ownership, Accountability, and Responsibility.
- A community based, full service school with a strong academic focus
- Modernized building with a gymnasium, cafeteria and auditorium
- Brand new, beautiful playground and outdoor classroom
- Music, art and dance education
- Physical education program including Tae Kwon Do
- Many community, cultural and university partners, including our new partnership with Boston Ballet
- Guaranteed assignment for students from the Higginson Elementary School.
Special academic programs
- Special education: autism program
- New England School of Optometry, Bird Street Community Center, City Year, Boston Ballet, Pyramid Builders, Healthy Smiles, Community Music Center of Boston, Northeastern School of Law, Young People’s Project
Before and after school programs in our building
- Before school program: run in partnership with Bird St. Community Center for ages 5-12; sliding fee scale beginning at $50 per week
- After school programs: partnership with Bird St. Community Center for elementary school students; sliding fee scale, $50 per week; vouchers accepted
- After school program for middle school students run by City Year; free
Contact the Higginson/Lewis
Assistant PrincipalJose Orlando Malavé-Vidal131 Walnut Avenue
Roxbury, MA 02119
2017-2018 School Year Hours9:30 am - 4:10 pm
Early Dismissal, the day before Thanksgiving and last two days of school: 2:10 p.m.Grades: K-8
School Type: Inclusion