Our focus on the whole child makes our school special. Our state of the art facility for young children offers small class size, an extended day, and classroom teaching teams that allow children to fully participate in their own learning. The Children's Museum Countdown to Kindergarten exhibit is modeled after our own typical kindergarten classroom.
Our Surround Care Program provides opportunities for our children to experience a variety of activities, such as swimming, tennis, karate, dance, basketball, running club. All of these courses have an academic component that reinforces the academic day.
- Small class size of 20 students with 2 teachers during academic hours
- Free before and after school surround care
- Winter and spring dance/music performances
- Many fun-filled activities, including Harvest Fest, Field Day, and Splash Day
- Swimming at the Kroc Center
- Annual Awards Day to honor schoolwide student achievement
- Special subjects: dance, science, and music
- Free breakfast, lunch, and afternoon snack program
- A facility built for young children
- New playground in September 2014, with outdoor classroom
- Special academic programs:
- Sheltered English Instruction (SEI) for English language learners in all grades
- Full inclusion classrooms
- Dudley Street Neighborhood Initiative, Twelth Baptist Church (Circle of Promise), Jewish Community Centers Readers/Jumpstart Volunteer Program, Boston Society of City Missions, Metropolitan Opera Guild, Popplestone Foundation, Roy Kroc Centers, Suzuki Institute of Boston, Tufts Dental Program, UMass Extension Program/Science & Nutrition, Greater Love Tabernacle (Circle of Promise)
Before and after school programs in our building
- Free before and after school surround care offerings: string instrument lessons before school, Boys’ Choir, Girls’ Choir, one-to-one reading buddies, game time, cooking class, art classes, swimming, dance, tennis, basketball, Book Club and Special Olympics.