Guild Elementary School
The Curtis Guild School embraces a spirit of diversity, collaboration, and hard work. We are committed to our students’ personal and academic achievement.Our staff is caring and committed to the success of every student and embodies a spirit of community and teamwork. Guild students are happy and thoughtful students who are engaged in our rigorous curriculum. Teachers are supportive, hardworking, and knowledgeable.
- A school that celebrates diversity, holds high expectations, and embraces the belief that all students can achieve academic success
- Expeditionary Learning and Reading Street curriculum, TERC Investigation math, science, social studies, art, music, theater, and physical education.
- An award-winning staff, including Educator of the Year (2008); Milken National Teacher Award (2006); Teacher of the Year in Bilingual Education, and Nationally Board Certified Teacher (2009)
- Strong parental engagement, including monthly “Coffee Hours” with principal and teachers, Math Night, and International Night
- On-site counseling for students
- Guaranteed assignment to the Edwards Middle School or Umana Academy.
Special academic programs
- Excellent instruction for English language learners taught by highly qualified teachers, including Spanish Sheltered English Instruction (SEI) in grades K1-5 and a Students with Interrupted Formal Education (SIFE) program in grades 4 and 5
- Specialized strand for students with disabilities
- Harvard University, YMCA, Read Boston, The Achievement Network, The Farm School, New England Aquarium, Playworks, Boston Institute for Psychotherapy
Before and after school programs in our building
- Before school, from 7:10 am: Guild Gators for students in K-grade 5 with homework help and movement/physical education
- After school, to 6:00 pm: In partnership with the East Boston YMCA; tutoring and enrichment opportunities
Contact the Guild
Karen L. McCarthy
195 Leyden Street
East Boston, MA 02128
School Hours8:30 am - 3:10 pm
Early Dismissal, the day before Thanksgiving and last two days of school: 1:10 p.m.
School Type: Traditional