Grew Elementary School
The Grew School is lucky to have a dedicated staff who exemplify the values of Growth mindset, Rigorous teaching & learning, Engagement & equity and We are all leaders (shared leadership).
All staff participates in Instructional Leadership Team and Climate, Culture & Community Team to ensure our students are first as we work towards our 2022-2023 school priority: Across all content areas, educators will design, facilitate and analyze tasks using grade-level standards, equitable literacy components, and the SFL (systemic functional linguistics) framework that engages students by having them ask and answer questions and share their reasoning and thoughts through both writing and academic discourse.
The Grew Community works hard to install the virtues: empathy, curiosity, perseverance and collaboration, in all we do! We’ve recently exited turnaround status, go Cougars!
- Extra classroom support in reading, math, and science
- Outdoor classroom and school garden
- Family/community engagement events
- Excellence for All cohort member
- Active partnerships with City Year, Playworks, Hale Reservation, YMCA Hyde Park, Boston Ballet, Eliot School of Music
Before and after school programs in our building
- Before school: Reebok BOKS fitness program, three days a week @7:30-8:15am
- Before school: City Year Starfish homework help, three days a week @7:45-8:15am
- After school: YMCA After-school program @3-6pm
40 Gordon Avenue
Hyde Park, MA 02136
8:30 am - 3:00 pm
Early Dismissal, the day before Thanksgiving and last two days of school: 12:30 p.m.
School Type: Traditional