Greater Egleston High School
GEHS has a Scholars Academy for 10th and 11th graders, College Prep Academy (CPA) for seniors and Online Learners Academy (OLA) for overage students who need to work to support their families, and/or students who are parents or students who have medically-related circumstances. The CPA includes a 10-week college immersion program.
Another unique feature of our school is our mission to introduce students to potential careers by exploring and researching careers, selecting a career internship site, and the opportunity to develop skillsets within their career area of interest. Students participate in weekly Career Internships.
- Three separate programs promoting readiness for college and careers: College Prep Academy, Scholars Academy, and Online Learning Academy
- Emphasis on student-centered lessons, leadership, life skills, and collaborative learning
- Use of a diverse range of assessments including portfolios, small collaborative learning projects, exhibitions, individual class assignments, and MCAS
- Family-focused activities: orientations, Student Recognition, and Parent/Guardian Successful Partners awards ceremony, and governing board participation
- A high percentage rate of college acceptance (90%-100%) annually
- Career internships and apprenticeships throughout Boston
- School research projects, academic challenges, and after school programs
- Instruction aligned with Mass. Common Core, BPS, and Greater Egleston High School standards that promote learning through critical thinking, research, and ability to articulate ideas
- College-level courses at the school and on college campuses
- College counseling and access to college application and enrollment resources
- Admission based on interview and selection process: Contact the school for information.
After school programs
- Governing board, advisory groups, Events Planning Committee, collaboration with OrigiNations
Special admission process
- Admission based on interview and selection process: Contact the school for information
Head of School
80 School Street
Roxbury, MA 02119
Mon -Thurs - 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
Fri - 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Early Dismissal, the day before Thanksgiving and last two days of school: 12:30 p.m.
Grades: 9-12; ages 17-22
School Type: Pilot