English High School
Students entering grade 9 at English High School will embark on a journey to understand their unique interests, perspectives, and learning styles with each student developing an individual educational and career plan. They will have the opportunity to explore careers in Business/Finance/Entrepreneurship, Computer Programming/Robotics, Graphic Communications/Broadcasting, and the Arts, and Health and Wellness/Fitness.
Rising 10th-grade students will have the opportunity to hone their skills and build valuable knowledge while earning rigorous and in-demand industry-recognized credentials as they earn their high school diploma and prepare for post-secondary options.
We offer students a wide selection of Advanced Placement and Media Arts courses, a championship winner baseball and volleyball teams, and a strong alumni association that gives scholarships to students.
Our wonderful staff and faculty are committed to student development and academic success.
- The oldest public high school in the United States, founded in 1821
- Four technical pathways where students earn industry-recognized credentials and certifications: Business, Finance & Entrepreneurship; Design & Visual Communications; Health Assisting & Wellness; and Programming & Web Development
- Advanced Placement courses in English, Spanish, and chemistry
- Comprehensive English learning (EL) program that includes literacy courses in Spanish
- Student Support Team that provides academic assistance and counseling
- Extensive extracurricular programs, musical productions, sports, Boston Debate League, homework help and many others.
- Walking distance to Forest Hills and Green Street MBTA stations and to bus #42
Head of School
144 McBride Street
Jamaica Plain, MA 02130
7:20 am - 2:20 pm
Early Dismissal, the day before Thanksgiving and last two days of school: 11:50 a.m.
School Type: Traditional