Eliot K-8 Innovation School
Located along the Freedom Trail in the heart of the North End, the Eliot is the only K-8 Innovation School in Boston. We are an inclusive community in which excellence is our choice for educating all of our students.
Through the hard work of our students, families, and staff, our school has achieved high academic success in recent years. We ranked near the top of the state in both ELA and Math MCAS at many grade levels, including our 3rd, 7th, and 8th-grade mathematicians and 6th grade ELA students who all ranked in the top 10 statewide.
To challenge our students with rigorous instruction, we offer an advanced/honors class in grades 4-8 in ELA and Math. Additionally, the Eliot provides a dynamic array of enriching specialties, including Italian language instruction, theater, physical education, debate, art, technology, music, and new this year, robotics/engineering.
As an Extended Learning Time grantee, our students participate in three-week-long, daily Enrichment Cycles (E-Cycles). These cycles are opportunities for students to dive deeply into a content area or receive extensive intervention & support by their content teachers. The Eliot houses a team of resident teaching interns that support instruction in our classrooms through partnerships with UMass Boston, Emmanuel College, Suffolk University, Wellesley College, and Lesley University. We also have established a partnership with City Connects and Boston College to link school and families with community resources and provide students with an onsite guidance counselor.
- NAEYC Accredited Kinder 1 & Kinder 2 programs
- 2016 Pozen Prize for Innovation Schools Nominee
- 2013 21st-Century Extended Learning Time School Grant Recipient
- 2010, 2011, 2012 Massachusetts Commendation School
- Boston’s oldest continuously operating school (founded 1713)
- Enrichment classes in Physical Education, Art, Music, Theatre/Movement, Technology, Science, Robotics and Italian
- One of the only Boston public schools with a K-8 robotics & engineering program
- City Connects on-site school guidance counselor
- Italian language and culture program
- Woodworking and bookbinding program in collaboration with North Bennet Street School
- Playworks Program
- Enrichment opportunities for every Eliot learner
Special academic programs
- Engineering/Robotics Program
- Italian language program
Before and after school programs in our building
- Provided by Knowledge Learning Corporation, an on-site after-school program for K-Grade 6
- Activities for Middle School students in Debate, Hockey, Soccer, and Wrestling
K0-1: 16 Charter St.,
2-4: 173 Salem St.,
5-8: 585 Commercial St.,
8:30 am - 3:10 pm
Early Dismissal, the day before Thanksgiving and last two days of school: 12:40 pm
School Type: Innovation School