East Boston High School
Our Ninth Grade Academy focuses on those students who need surround-care in and out of school. We are a PULSE supported site, providing after school tutoring for freshmen. We are an AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination) School, providing supports to students who may be below honor roll but have their sights set on college.
Students have the opportunity to participate in Wheelock College Upward Bound, the Harvard Crimson Summer Academy, and have also participated in the Dartmouth SEAD (Summer Enrichment at Dartmouth) program. We also offer a SAT Prep Program with a college readiness component, Teen's Connect Program with a career readiness component, and the Boston Scholar Athlete Program (BSA), a student-athlete advisory and support center.
What makes our school special
- Nine mobile computer labs, six with Chromebooks and three with Macs
- Advanced Placement and honors courses
- Electives in Academy of Management, media, visual arts, chorus, and JROTC
- School-wide focus on literacy
- Winner of Entrepreneurship Student Distinction Award, MGH Partnership Initiative, and Verizon Hispanic Heritage Award
- Accredited by the New England Association of Schools & Colleges (NEASC)
- Grade 9 Academy that provides extra supports and tutoring through on-site resources and outside agencies
- Academic awards ceremonies (by term) and annual scholarship and awards banquet
- On-site Parent Center to help parents understand the school’s curriculum, policies, and assessments
- MCAS, PSAT, and SAT tutoring, plus extra support for students in grades 11 and 12 who have not yet passed MCAS, including before and after school tutoring and a staff mentor
Phillip R. Brangiforte
Judith Blanco86 White Street
East Boston, MA 02128Phone: 617-635-9896Fax: 617-635-9726School Hours7:30 a.m. - 1:50 p.m.
Early Dismissal, the day before Thanksgiving and last two days of school: 11:50 a.m.
School Type: Traditional