East Boston Early Education Center
The East Boston EEC offers a surround care program in which children stay until 4:35 pm. Our school provides a balanced early literacy program for two hours every day, 60 minutes of math, and a Writers’ Workshop. Children participate in whole and small group activities.
This year, we are working with the Museum of Fine Arts on a Visual Thinking Strategies project (VTS). VTS teaches thinking through art observations and discussion. We also have a partnership with Tufts University’s Eliot-Pearson Department of Child Development to work with children and teachers on robotics. This program explores the creation of novel human-computer interaction techniques with technology in early elementary schools. The students develop their own robots and, in the process, they learn how to program a computer to execute a series of tasks.
- Accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), the nation’s leading organization of early childhood professionals
- Support for at-risk students through Reading Recovery, in-school tutoring, and computerized reading programs
- Classroom libraries with more than 500 books
- Literacy-based program integrating music and science into all subject areas
- Robotics and engineering program
- Computers in every class, as well as in the library and staff rooms
- Media Center
- Math lending library with more than 200 games and books for families to take home
- Weekly take-home book program, Reading Is Fundamental (RIF) book distributions, and workshops to promote parent support at home.
Special academic programs
- Five Early Childhood (K0/K1) classrooms
- Inclusion programs for K2 and grade 1 where children with and without disabilities learn together with individual support
Before and after school programs in our building
- Free surround care, 7:30 am to 4:30 pm. After school program continues the academic day with projects and monthly themes, arts and crafts, dramatic play, songs, and cooking.
135 Gove Street
East Boston, MA 02128
7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Early Dismissal, the day before Thanksgiving and last two days of school: 2:35 p.m.
Level: Early Childhood
School Type: Traditional