Clap Elementary School
Regardless of his or her socio-economic, linguistic and academic history, each student is educated to the highest level through a rigorous and comprehensive curriculum. We also educate students to become knowledgeable of, civically engaged in, and involved in the service of their school, the local community, and the global community. We do this not just through our curriculum, but by field trips, community service, our weekly Town Hall Meetings with inspirational members of the local community, and by our daily intervention block.
- Creative approaches to ensure that our students meet high academic standards
- A school climate that nurtures strong relationships
- Before and after school programs
- Science, music, visual arts, and physical education
- Town Hall Meetings with members of the community
- Rigorous instruction for all students
- Bi-weekly school newsletter
- Parent University
- Very active School Parent and School Site Councils
- Field trips every month
- Guaranteed assignment to the McCormack Middle School.
Special academic programs
- ELT: Extended Learning Time school
Before and after school programs in our building
Before School 7:30-9:30 am and After School 4:00-6:00 pm Monday - Friday
School Vacation Weeks and Summer 7:30 am-6:00 pm
Vouchers and Private Pay Accepted (Sliding Scale Fee for Eligible Families)
Program Administrator: Sophia Bishop-Rice (857) 246-2984
35 Harvest Street
Dorchester, MA 02125
9:30 a.m. - 4:10 p.m.
Early Dismissal, the day before Thanksgiving and last two days of school: 1:40 p.m.
School Type: Traditional