Clap Elementary School
Regardless of his or her socio-economic, linguistic and academic history, each student is educated to the highest level through a rigorous and comprehensive curriculum. We also educate students to become knowledgeable of, civically engaged in, and involved in the service of their school, the local community, and the global community. We do this not just through our curriculum, but by field trips, community service, our weekly Town Hall Meetings with inspirational members of the local community, and by our daily intervention block.
- Creative approaches to ensure that our students meet high academic standards
- A school climate that nurtures strong relationship
- Before and after school programs
- Science, music, visual arts, and physical education
- Town Hall Meetings with members of the community
- Rigorous instruction for all students
- Bi-weekly school newsletter
- Parent University
- Very active School Parent and School Site Councils
- Field trips every month
- Guaranteed assignment to the McCormack Middle School.
Special academic programs
- ELT: Extended Learning Time school
- Bird Street, BOKS, City Arbour House, South Bay Community Services, Dorchester Historical Society, John W. McCormack Civic Association, Cantata Singers, Massachusetts College of Art and Design, Teach Plus, UMass Boston School of Education, Boston Art's Academy, Boston Cares, Boston Ballet, Community Music Center of Boston
Before and after school programs in our building
- Before school program, Monday-Friday 8:00-9:05 am; $5 per day or $20 per week. Students complete homework if necessary, play in the schoolyard (weather permitting), and work on fun and art activities. Call the school for details about BOKS, our before-school fitness program.
- After school program run by Bird Street, Monday-Friday, 3:50-6:00 pm. Contact Kathy Thomas at Bird Street, 617-282-6110.
Contact the Clap
35 Harvest Street
Dorchester, MA 02125
United StatesPhone617-635-8672Fax617-635-63892017-2018 School Hours9:30 a.m. - 4:10 p.m.
Early Dismissal, the day before Thanksgiving and last two days of school: 2:10 p.m.
School Type: Innovation School