Chittick Elementary School
The Chittick School is a small school that provides a safe, nurturing, academically challenging environment. We empower all of our children to believe and achieve. We offer physical education, music instruction, technology and visual arts to all of our children.Our school has a Highly Specialized Autistic Strand for students on the autism spectrum. We have a 2-hour literacy block and a 90-minute math block. We have a bookstore every Thursday morning for our students to buy books and we offer workshops for helping parents with reading at home.
- Small school with a warm, nurturing atmosphere that provides an academically challenging environment, empowering all children to believe, achieve and succeed.
- Bookstore every Thursday for our students to purchase books for home reading.
- Second Step, a program that helps students develop strategies for conflict resolution
- After school enrichment programs and tutoring in math and reading
- Strong Parent Council
- Monthly newsletters and student planners to help keep parents informed about classroom and schoolwide activities
- New computer lab, music specialist, physical education specialist, and visual arts program
- Playworks program to encourage safe, healthy play time
- Tech Goes Home program
- Guaranteed assignment to grade 6 at the Irving Middle School.
Special academic programs
- Specialized program for autistic students
- BOKS Building Our Kids’ Success, Celebrity Series of Boston - Arts for All!, Boston Nature Center, MusiConnects, City Missions, Read Boston- Read to Achieve Program, The Home for Little Wanderers, Tufts University, Boston University, Bird Street Community Center
After school programs in our building
- Bird Street after-school program, 2:30-6:00 pm; homework help, literacy, math, health, science, dance, arts, music, fitness and recreation.
154 Ruskindale Road
Hyde Park, MA 02136
8:30 a.m. - 3:10 p.m.
Early Dismissal, the day before Thanksgiving and last two days of school: 1:10 p.m.
School Type: Regular