Boston Latin Academy
Boston Latin Academy has a one hundred and thirty-five year history of academic excellence with an outstanding rate of college placement. We boast a seventh through twelfth grade student body representing Boston’s rich multicultural, multi-ethnic population and dedicated administrators and faculty who challenge and encourage students. We are proud to have a supportive Alumni Association and an active and supportive Parents Council. The students of Boston Latin Academy, their parents, and the faculty share a commitment of excellence. Our curriculum has been developed to ensure that all students are well prepared for success in college and success in life.Students are encouraged to appreciate the ideas and practices expressed in the classics and to recognize the evolving continuum between them and the complex, ever-changing challenges of our society. While appreciating the classics, we also use data-based research to inform and re-imagine our curriculum as we strive to make it match our 21st century student body of engaged learners. We seek to challenge our students with a rigorous curriculum while, at the same time, providing them with the scaffolds to succeed.
What makes our school special
- Tradition of excellence and exclusivity since 1878
- High standards of academic rigor in a nurturing environment
- National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence winner
- #1 Dream School (Boston Globe, 2013)
- Named an Outstanding American High School by U.S. News & World Report
- Examination school: Admission to grades 7 and 9 based on grades and test scores
- Outstanding record of college placement due to rigorous college preparatory curriculum
- Dedicated faculty who challenge and encourage students
- Active participant in the state and national Junior Classical League (Latin language competition
- Exemplary peer tutoring program and deep tradition of community service
Special academic programs
- Honors and Advanced Placement courses in all subjects
- Berklee College of Music, IBM, Black Rock Asset Manager, Harvard Writing Center, Bain & Co., Boston University Writing Center, Urban Voices, Tufts Fletcher School, and MassMouth
After school programs in our building
- Sports: baseball, boys basketball, girls basketball, football, boys hockey, girls hockey, girls rowing, boys soccer, girls soccer, softball, swimming, tennis, indoor & outdoor track, boys volleyball, girls volleyball.
- Clubs: Academy Actors (drama), Business Club, Band, Certamen (Latin Club),choir, Classics Club, dance, Boston Debate League, Dragon Tales school newspaper, First Robotics, Gay Straight Alliance, Greenhouse Club, Japanese Culture Club, Machine Science, Math Club, mock trial, Model United Nations, Muslim Student Association (awareness club), National Honor Society, Online Writing Club, Recycling Club, Self-Defense Club, Step Squad, Student Forum, Student Ambassador, Talented and Gifted, yearbook, Science Club, Student Forum.
- Service: Big Sister, peer tutoring, and many outside organizations who partner with our students for community service opportunities
205 Townsend Street
Dorchester, MA 02121
7:20 a.m.-1:40 p.m.
Early Dismissal, the day before Thanksgiving and last two days of school: 10:45 a.m.
School Type: Exam