Boston Arts Academy
Boston Arts Academy (BAA), a pilot school, is charged with being a laboratory and a beacon for artistic and academic innovation. We prepare a diverse community of aspiring artist-scholars-citizens to be successful in their college or professional careers and to be engaged members of a democratic society.
BAA seeks students who are passionate about the arts, who work and learn together as a community, and who reflect the diversity of Boston. The school builds on a student's potential in the arts by expecting the necessary commitment and self-discipline to advance through the school's academic and artistic studies. BAA is a Designated Expanded Learning Time (ELT) school and has a longer school day to schedule and provide academic, art, and student wellness resources that are core to the teaching and learning environment.
What Makes Our School Special:
- A collaborative project of the Boston Public Schools and the Professional Arts Consortium: Berklee College of Music, Boston Architectural College, The Boston Conservatory, Emerson College, Massachusetts College of Art and Design, and the School of the Museum of Fine Arts
- High-level training for students in dance, music, theater, or visual arts in the context of a college preparatory curriculum
- Individualized attention for each student by our experienced, award winning staff
- PSAT and SAT test prep classes
- Success after graduation: an average of 94% of graduates are accepted to college each year
- A full-inclusion high school, offering comprehensive services to deaf and hard of hearing students and students with disabilities
- Dual enrollment available in partner colleges
- STEAM (science/technology/engineering/arts/math) lab to integrate subjects in an inquiry-based, hands-on curriculum in a way that more closely aligns with what students will experience in college and the workforce
- Partnerships with the Museum of Fine Arts and others that provide resources and opportunities to our students
Special admission process
- Application process includes an audition or presentation component
- All students who apply to Boston Arts Academy for 2016-2017 must be residents of the city of Boston by June 30, 2016.
- Application available online
- Application deadline is January 8, 2016.
- Auditions will be held on Saturday, January 30 and Saturday, February 6, 2016.
Contact the BAA
11 Charles Street
Dorchester, MA 02122Phone617-635-6470Fax617-635-8854School Hours8:00 a.m.-3:55 p.m. Mon.-Thurs.8:00 a.m. - 12:50 p.m. Fri.Early Dismissal, the day before Thanksgiving and last two days of school: 1:55 p.m.Grades: 9-12
School Type: Pilot