Bates Elementary School
The Bates School provide quality education in a safe and supportive environment and respects the diversity of all individuals. We develop responsible citizens and leaders, involve parents and community, and instill a love of learning in a nurturing atmosphere. We expect academic excellence and celebrate student achievement. Our specialists in Visual Arts, Physical Education, and Science provide rich and diverse opportunities.
What Makes Our School Special
- Winner of the 2016 School on the Move Prize from EdVestors
- Before and after school partnership with the YMCA
- Social-emotional learning curriculum daily (Social Thinking)
- Scholastic Book Fair
- School Site Council and Parent Councils meet jointly for maximum collaboration
- Inclusion specialists dedicated to every inclusion grade in K-3
- Spanish for all students in grades 4 and 5
- Weekly physical education, art, and science
- Field trips for every grade level that connects to the curriculum
- Large playground and
- City Connects Coordinator to support families with behavioral, medical, childcare and housing needs.
- Guaranteed assignment to the Irving Middle School
Special academic programs:
- Excellence for All program for students in Grades 4 and 5
- Inclusion classrooms for K0-Grade 2, growing to Grade 3 in 2017
Before and after school programs in our building:
- Before and after school programs for K1-5 on-site operated by West Roxbury YMCA
426 Beech Street
Roslindale, MA 02131
9:30a.m. - 4:10p.m.
Early Dismissal, the day before Thanksgiving and last two days of school: 1:40 p.m.
School Type: Traditional