Baldwin Early Learning Pilot Academy
We provide instruction in personal and social development, language and literacy, mathematical thinking, scientific thinking, social studies, the arts, music, technology, physical education, and swimming. We emphasize and use authentic “hands on,” critical thinking, and thematic approaches. Our goal is for all of our students to meet or exceed the performance goals for their grade level.
Each Wednesday is a professional half day that provides two hours of professional development for our staff.
What Makes Us Special:
- Extended day program accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
- Pilot school with dedicated time weekly for staff professional development
- All teachers licensed in at least two of these areas: Early Childhood, Special Education and English as a Second Language
- Diverse, multi-lingual staff
- More than 90% of our grade 1 students score at or above benchmark in reading assessments
- Active home reading program: Our students read over 40,000 books with their families each year
- CitySprouts school garden integrated into curriculum for all grade levels
- Art, music, computer, and physical education specialists
- Multiple field trips and special school events throughout the year
- Swimming instruction for grade 1 students
- Guaranteed assignment to Edison K-8 School
Special academic programs:
- All of our classrooms are full inclusion; students with and without disabilities and English learners learn together.
- CitySprouts, Wheelock College, Boston University, Lesley University, Franciscans Hospital for Children
Before and after school programs in our building:
- Free surround care, 7:30 am to 4:35 pm; early dismissal 11:30 am on Wednesday
121 Corey Road
Brighton, MA 02135
Visit our website!
School Hours7:30 a.m.-4:35 p.m. Mon., Tues., Thurs., Fri.
7:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m. Wed.
Early Dismissal, the day before Thanksgiving and last two days of school: 2:35 p.m.
School Type: Pilot and Early Education Center