Registering for Boston Public Schools Extended!
The Second Priority Registration Period for students entering into K2 and all other grades has been extended until further notice. To register your student(s) for Boston Public Schools you can pre-register online and schedule an appointment to complete the process over the phone OR you can call and register by phone with one of our registration specialists.
To pre-register visit sis.mybps.org
To schedule an appointment to register by phone, visit https://booknow.appointment-plus.com/8517n4dg/ or call the BPS Welcome Center at 617-635-9010
Visit our BuildBPS page to learn more about recent updates regarding schools expanding to serve 6th grade.
Important Registration Dates
*The Priority Registration Period for Students entering K2 and all other grades has been extended until further notice.
Before You Visit a Welcome Center
- Read DiscoverBPS, a resource for incoming and current BPS families seeking a new school, program, or placement:
- See our age requirements for enrollment: 2019-2020 School Year
- Explore your family's choices by visiting DiscoverBPS.org or Partnerbps.org
- See school start and end times: 2019-2020 School Year
- Visit schools and speak to our teams about your options during BPS 2019 School Preview Times
- Attend a School Registration Information Session to learn more about the BPS registration process
- Pre-register online here - your appointment will go faster.
- Schedule an appointment online here for a shorter wait time
Please Note: Families who register in February through June for both current and next year seats are not guaranteed to keep the current school year school placement for the next school year.
Registration Hotline(617) 635-9046