This August, the Boston Public Schools is bringing school registration to you! We will be holding school registration events for families that have not yet registered their student(s) for the 2019-20 school year at community centers across the City of Boston on three Saturdays:
- Saturday, August 10, 2019
- Saturday, August 17, 2019
- Saturday, August 24, 2019
In order to register, parent/guardians must bring:
Below you will find all dates and locations for our neighborhood school registration.
- Parent/guardian picture ID
- Child's original birth certificate (or, if necessary, passport or I-94)
- Child's up-to-date immunization record (required immunizations to register for school)
- Two proofs of Boston residency
- If a medical accommodation is required, or your child has a disability, documentation must be provided.
All locations are open from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm.
August 10 August 17 August 24MattapanMildred Community Center5 Mildred Ave, MattapanDorchesterGrove Hall Senior Community Center51 Geneva Ave, BostonEast BostonPino Community Center86 Boardman St, East BostonRoxburyVine St. Community Center339 Dudley St, RoxburyMattapanGallivan Community Center61 Woodruff Way, MattapanEast BostonParis St. Community Center112 Paris St, East BostonDorchesterHolland Community Center85 Olney St, DorchesterRoxburyShelburne Community Center2730 Washington St, RoxburySouth EndBlackstone Community Center50 W Brookline St, BostonHyde ParkHyde Park Community Center1179 River St, Hyde ParkDorchesterHolland Community Center85 Olney St, Dorchester2019-2020 BPS Demand ReportThe information provided on the Demand Report will give you a better sense of which schools and programs were ranked the most frequently during the registration period for the 2019-2020 school year. You can use this information to find out the approximate chances your student has to get into the school and program of your choice; your child will have a better chance of being assigned to a school with many open seats and fewer applicants than a school with few open seats and many applicants.2019 Welcome SessionsFind out what your new school has to offer! Meet the staff, ask questions, and prepare yourself to start the 2019-2020 school year right!
Before You Visit a Welcome Center
- Read DiscoverBPS, a resource for incoming and current BPS families seeking a new school, program, or placement:
- See our age requirements for enrollment: 2019-2020 School Year
- Explore your family's choices by visiting DiscoverBPS.org or Partnerbps.org
- See school start and end times: 2018-2019 School Year
- Visit schools and speak to our teams about your options during BPS School Preview Times
- Attend a School Registration Information Session to learn more about the BPS registration process
- Pre-register online here - your appointment will go faster.
- Schedule an appointment online here for a shorter wait time
Please Note: Families who register in February through June for both current and next year seats are not guaranteed to keep the current school year school placement for the next school year.
- BPS 2019-2020 School Demand Report
- BPS 2018-2019 School Demand Report
- BPS 2017-2018 School Demand Report
The information provided on this sheet will give you a better sense of which schools and programs were ranked the most frequently during the registration period for the previous school years. You can use this information to find out the approximate chances your student has to get into the schools and programs of your choice.