The priority registration period for the 2022-2023 school year for students entering grades K0, K1, 6, 7, and 9 has been extended until Friday, February 4.
In an effort to keep all of our families safe and to limit exposure to COVID-19, school registration will be completed by appointment only. Follow all three of these steps to complete your students’ registration:
Visit https://sis.mybps.org to complete your pre-registration for your student and upload the required documents. You can find a list of the required documents here. Be sure to click the “SUBMIT” button once you have filled out the form.English | Español | عربى | Kabuverdianu | 中文 | Français | Kreyòl | Português | Afsoomaali | tiếng Việt
See our BPS Registration Checklist below to ensure you have all the necessary documents to register for Boston Public Schools.
- Once your pre-registration is complete, schedule your appointment by clicking here. Be sure to select either “in person” or “remote.” This step is required to complete the process.
On the day of your appointment:
- If you selected an in-person appointment, visit the Welcome Center you selected (see locations) at your scheduled time and meet your Registration Specialist to complete your registration.
- If you select a remote appointment, a Registration Specialist will call you to complete your registration over the phone.
Questions? Contact Welcome Services at email@example.com or call 617-635-9010
BPS Registration Process One-Pager:
BPS Welcome Center staff are available to answer all of your questions about school registration. We also assist with work permits.
Pre-registration for the 2022-2023 school year is now available at https://sis.mybps.org. For the school year starting in September of 2022, the priority registration period for students entering grades K0, K1, 6, 7, and 9 officially begins on January 5 and runs until February 4. Registration is also still available for the current school year (SY 2021-2022). Please see below for more information.
All schools are now holding virtual information sessions for prospective families to learn more about each school, meet the school leader, and ask questions. Visit www.bostonpublicschools.org/schoolpreview to see the dates and times of all the info sessions and contact info for each school.
ALL BPS Welcome Centers are open but you must schedule an appointment for in-person services. You can schedule an appointment using this link. Welcome Centers are located in Roxbury, Dorchester, East Boston, and Roslindale. The Welcome Centers will be open Monday through Friday from 9 am to 5 pm for scheduled appointments only. The Welcome Center in East Boston is only open on Monday and Tuesday.
View the beginning of this page for registration steps.
Please continue to check our website for updates.
Please attend an information session if you are registering your child for the upcoming school year. These will provide you with the opportunity to ask questions and learn about the school registration process through virtual and in-person information sessions:
If you are unable to attend an information session, you can watch a recording from a previous one using the links below.
Wednesday, December 1 @ 10:00 am - Meeting Recording
Wednesday, December 1 @ 5:30 pm - Meeting Recording
Important Dates for School Year 2022-2023 School Year Registration
If your student needs language testing, a registration specialist will help you schedule an appointment at the Newcomers Assessment Counseling Center (NACC). Language testing is conducted in person at the Bolling Building (2300 Washington Street, Roxbury). Once your student has completed their language assessment, you can make your school selections.
We are here to serve you and are happy to offer registration assistance in other languages. For interpretation assistance, please call the Welcome Center at 617-635-9010.
BPS Student Registration Form
BPS Registration Document Checklist
For Work Permits, please complete this form. Once completed a Registration Specialist will contact you within two business days regarding the next steps for your work permit.
Visit our BuildBPS page to learn more about recent updates regarding schools expanding to serve 6th grade.
Before You Visit a Welcome Center
- Read DiscoverBPS, a resource for incoming and current BPS families seeking a new school, program, or placement:
- See our age requirements for enrollment: 2022-2023 School Year
- Explore your family's choices by visiting DiscoverBPS.org.
- Pre-register online here - your appointment will go faster.
- Schedule an appointment online here for a shorter wait time
- Make sure you have all the necessary documents listed below to register your child.
- Child’s original birth certificate, I-94 form, or passport
- Child’s up-to-date immunization record
- Parent/Guardian’s photo identification
- TWO of the following documents to verify City of Boston residency (items cannot be from the same category below):
- A Utility Bill (not water or cell phone) dated within the past 60 days
- A Deed, Mortgage Payment dated within the past 60 days, or Property Tax Bill dated within the last year
- A current Lease, Section 8 Agreement, or BPS Landlord Affidavit, dated within a year
- A W2 form dated within the year or a Payroll Stub dated within the past 60 days
- A Bank or Credit Card Statement dated within the past 60 days
- A Letter from an Approved Government Agency* dated within the past 60 days
Please Note: Families who register in February through June for an assignment for both the current and the following school year are NOT guaranteed to keep their current school year school placement for the next school year.
International Exchange Students: Please click here for additional information about Boston Public Schools' policy on international students temporarily looking to study in Boston. International Exchange Students
Registration Hotline(617) 635-9046