BPS is expanding Neighborhood Registration into the school year by opening satellite Welcome Centers in Allston, Brighton, Dorchester and Mattapan. These temporary locations will be open on select Thursdays through May 2020 and will provide all the services offered at our permanent Welcome Centers including registration, school transfers, change of address, and more.2019 Welcome SessionsFind out what your new school has to offer! Meet the staff, ask questions, and prepare yourself to start the 2019-2020 school year right!
Before You Visit a Welcome Center
- Read DiscoverBPS, a resource for incoming and current BPS families seeking a new school, program, or placement:
- See our age requirements for enrollment: 2019-2020 School Year
- Explore your family's choices by visiting DiscoverBPS.org or Partnerbps.org
- See school start and end times: 2018-2019 School Year
- Visit schools and speak to our teams about your options during BPS School Preview Times
- Attend a School Registration Information Session to learn more about the BPS registration process
- Pre-register online here - your appointment will go faster.
- Schedule an appointment online here for a shorter wait time
Please Note: Families who register in February through June for both current and next year seats are not guaranteed to keep the current school year school placement for the next school year.2019-2020 BPS Demand ReportThe information provided on the Demand Report will give you a better sense of which schools and programs were ranked the most frequently during the registration period for the 2019-2020 school year. You can use this information to find out the approximate chances your student has to get into the school and program of your choice; your child will have a better chance of being assigned to a school with many open seats and fewer applicants than a school with few open seats and many applicants.
Previous Demand Reports: