Assignment notifications for the 2020-2021 school year were sent out via email on Wednesday, July 15!
The notifications are for students who registered during the second priority registration period, February through May, and are entering grades K2-12 in September.
Due to closures related to COVID-19, we are unable to send out assignment notification letters through the mail. If you did not receive an email with your assignment, please call the BPS Welcome Center at 617-635-9010 to find out your school assignment.
Please confirm your seat by visiting www.bostonpublicschools.org/rsvp or calling the BPS Welcome Center at 617-635-9010.
BPS Welcome Centers are temporarily closed to the public, but you can still register your child for Boston Public Schools for the 2020-2021 school year.
There are two ways to register:
By computer: Pre-register online here and schedule an appointment here to complete the process over the phone.
By phone: Call 617-635-9010 and register with one of our registration specialists.
Please continue to check our website for updates.
If you have registered for BPS and your student needs language testing, the Newcomers Assessment Counseling Center (NACC) will contact you to schedule a virtual appointment for your student’s assessment. Appointments are conducted online or by phone. Once your student has completed their language assessment, you will be able to make your school selections.
If your child is eligible for bus transportation and you registered by August 7, their bus assignment and stop information will be emailed and/or mailed to you before the start of school.
We are here to serve you and are happy to offer registration assistance in other languages. For interpretation assistance, please call the Welcome Center at 617-635-9010.
BPS Student Registration Form
Visit our BuildBPS page to learn more about recent updates regarding schools expanding to serve 6th grade.
Important Registration Dates
Before You Visit a Welcome Center
- Read DiscoverBPS, a resource for incoming and current BPS families seeking a new school, program, or placement:
- See our age requirements for enrollment: 2020-2021 School Year
- Explore your family's choices by visiting DiscoverBPS.org or Partnerbps.org
- See school start and end times: 2019-2020 School Year
- Visit schools and speak to our teams about your options during School Preview Times (dates will be posted later in the year)
- Attend a School Registration Information Session to learn more about the BPS registration process
- Pre-register online here - your appointment will go faster.
- Schedule an appointment online here for a shorter wait time
Please Note: Families who register in February through June for both current and next year seats are not guaranteed to keep the current school year school placement for the next school year.
Registration Hotline(617) 635-9046