Lee K-8 School
The Joseph Lee School community continuously works towards creating an environment of high performance standards and expectations for all students. We believe this model encourages organization, college readiness, and higher academic achievement.
We believe every student will attend college. Our program fosters responsibility, college readiness skills, and a respectful atmosphere. We are committed to helping each student reach his/her academic potential.
All students have access to our out of school time program with academic and arts enrichment and sports. During this time they receive an additional academic course as well as apprenticeships/enrichment with Boston-based partners. This is tailored to meet all student populations.
What makes our school special
- Out of school learning time
- Peer Buddies and other programs to promote inclusion of all students
- Recipient of Thomas Payzant School on the Move Award
- Recipient of State of Massachusetts Commendation for academic achievement
- Specialized arts program, computer, and physical education
- Programs and student teachers from UMass Boston, Simmons College, and Wheelock College
- Student teachers from UMass and Wheelock
- A School Parent Group that encourages parental involvement and a strong home-school learning partnership
- Facilities: auditorium, library, pool, gymnasium, playground, outdoor classroom, athletic field, art room, sensory room, science and computer labs, cafeteria
Special academic programs
- Advanced Work Class for eligible students in grade 4, 5 and 6
- Specialized program for students with Autism Spectrum Disorder – 17 classrooms
After school programs in our building
- 2:10 - 5:15 after school program ($75 a week)
155 Talbot Avenue
Dorchester, MA 02124
7:30 am - 2:10 pm
Early Dismissal, the day before Thanksgiving and last two days of school: 12:40 p.m.
School Type: Traditional