School Hours: 8:30-3:10
Richard J. Murphy K-8 School
What makes our school special:
•. Strong collaboration with the Leahy-Holleran Community Center
Interns and student teachers from Emmanuel College, Lesley University, UMass and Northeastern
• A dedicated faculty, including lead teachers, teacher-coaches, four Nationally Board Certified Teachers, Boston Teachers of the Year, and a finalist for the Massachusetts Teacher of the Year award
• Preparation for exam school admissions for all students in grades 6 and 8
• Swimming, music, art, technology, physical education, library, Spanish, and Chinese
• Renovated gym
•Active parent council with fundraising support for field trips
Special academic programs:
• Advanced Work Classes for eligible students in grades 4-6
• Children’s Services of Greater Boston, Community Music Center of Boston, Emmanuel College and Graduate School, Northeastern University, Reebok, Lesley University, Stop and Shop, University of Massachusetts Boston, Playworks, Generations Inc, Pearce House, Urban Improv, Play Ball Middle School Sports
Before and after school programs in our building:
• Before school, 7:15-8:15 am, Monday through Friday. BOKS Kidz fitness is Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 7:15-8:00.
• After school, to 5:00 Primetime , Monday-Friday; homework help, art, music, technology, chess, science, history, renewable energy, drama, Destination Imagination and instrumental music lessons.