What makes our school special:
- Providing Specialties: Computer Literacy, Music, Latin Dance, Performing Arts, Physical Education, Science, Spanish Culture and Swimming.
- Providing Math and Literacy Specialists and tutors who accommodate small groups and one on one support.
- Providing MCAS tutoring.
- Providing an Academic Achievement Frameworks Team that coordinates educational services, resources, counseling, advocacy and consultation.
- Providing support for our large Somali and ELL Populations through the ACEDONE After School Program.
- Providing support for classrooms and after school programming through assistance from the City Year Team.
Special academic programs:
- Advanced Work Class (AWC) eligible students in grades 4 - 6
- Japanese Culture for AWC students
- Special Education Classes: Emotional and Social Development (ESD) and Student Learning Disabilities (SLD) for English and Spanish speaking students
- ESL Instruction for Kindergarten to Grade 7
- HILT (High Intensity Language Training) to help native language speakers whose formal education has been interrupted to make progress learning English.
- Harvard University, Boston University, Hellenic College, Financial Engines, BOKS Kids, Boston Institute of Psychotherapy, BalletRox, Boston Partners in Education, Harvard University HASI After School Program, Boys and Girls Club, Museum of Fine Arts, Read Boston, Hyde Square Task Force Learn Through Dance, Greater Boston Food Bank, City Year Team and the Hennigan Community Center
Assistant PrincipalJose Malave-Vidal
Director of InstructionKathleen Shorter
200 Heath Street
Jamaica Plain, MA 02130