Welcome to the Edwards Middle School
The Edwards Middle School is a traditional middle school (grades 6-8) located in the heart of Charlestown. Our students come from all areas of the city and world, with the majority commuting from East Boston and Charlestown communities. We pride ourselves on our demanding academic programs, our skillful and caring faculty, and our extensive performing arts and leadership opportunities.
What makes our school special:
• Expanded learning time for all students, with an Advisory program that focuses on Social Emotional Learning and community building
• Talented teaching staff, dedicated to the safety and learning of every student
• Performing arts theme, with classes available in instrumental music, dance, musical theater, drumming, keyboarding and chorus
• Focus on good citizenship and character development, with student leadership and community service opportunities
• Acceleration Academy during February and April vacation providing academics and enrichment to selected students
• Athletic and competitive teams for basketball, cheerleading, football, soccer, and track
• Algebra 1 for all 8th graders
Special academic programs:
• Extra support for students who are learning English through our ESL curriculum
• All BPS Athletics, Morning Mile, Courageous Sailing, City Year, American Young Voices, Musical Theather, BOKS(Reebok), and many more!
28 Walker Street
Charlestown, MA 02129