There are many opportunities for parents, guardians and families to get involved in the Mendell School.
- Families can access the Mendell Communication Hub, which is used for internal communication between Mendell faculty and families, and is ONLY accessible with the link. On the Mendell Communication Hub parents/guardians can access grade level sites and newsletters, school news, events, calendars and updates from Prinicpal Bott, Parent Council and School Site Council.
- Families can sign up for Mendell School email newsletters. Email Mendell City Connects Coordinator, Madeline Gillespie, at email@example.com for more information.
- Families can “like” the Parents of the Mendell Facebook page and get connected to other Mendell families at https://www.facebook.com/MendellSchool
- Families can join a committee. See below for more information on Mendell School Committees.
- Families can follow the Mendell twitter account @MendellSchool
Stay tuned for the Mendell School 2018-2019 Family Events Calendar
Mendell School Family Committees
The following is a list of the committees and the chairs/contact people that are currently working to make the Mendell magic! All chairperson positions are subject to change annually. If you are interested in joining a committee, please contact your child's teacher or the Main Office at (617) 635-8234.
School Site Council- Julia Bott, Principal
The School Site Council is the decision making body of the school around issues related to budget, hiring and school policy. Click here to learn more about the School Site Council.
Family Council- Dot Fennell, Parent & Alejandra Hung, Parent (Co-chairs)
The Family Council supports the principal and teachers to provide a dynamic, nurturing, and challenging academic environment for all Mendell students. Click here to learn more about the Mendell Family Council.
Outdoor Classroom Committee- Elizabeth Hadly, K-5 Science Teacher
Family Engagement Team- Hayley Smith, Grade 4 Teacher & Jennifer Rodine, parent
Inclusion Task Force- Julia Bott, Principal
Health and Wellness Committee- Elizabeth Hadly, K-5 Science Teacher
Arts Committee- Ida Vozzalla, Visual Arts Teacher
There are no upcoming events to display.