There are many opportunities for parents, guardians and families to get involved in the Mendell School.
- Families can access the Mendell Communication Hub, which is used for internal communication between Mendell faculty and families, and is ONLY accessible with the link. On the Mendell Communication Hub parents/guardians can access grade level sites and newsletters, school news, events, calendars and updates from Prinicpal Bott, Parent Council and School Site Council.
- Families can sign up for Mendell email newsletters. Email Mendell City Connects Coordinator, Madeline Gillespie, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Families can join the Mendell Families Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/
groups/mendellfamilies. The page is updated often with information, links, questions, and discussions about the Mendell and BPS. This is a closed group for Mendell families.
- Families can join a committee. See below for more information on Mendell School Committees.
- Families can follow the Mendell twitter account @MendellSchool
Mendell School Family Committees
The following is a list of the committees and the chairs/contact people that are currently working to make the Mendell magic! All chairperson positions are subject to change annually. If you are interested in joining a committee, please contact your child's teacher or the Main Office at (617) 635-8234.
School Site Council- Julia Bott (Principal) Shamikhah Baker (parent), Michelle Harper (parent) Danielle Levac (parent) Patty Neal (parent), Mark Seide (parent), Casey Brown (parent; alternate), Hilary Southwick (Speech Language Pathologist), Yvonne Steadman (teacher), Shawniece Higginbottom (teacher), Katie Bergan (teacher), Rani Pan (teacher)
The School Site Council is the decision making body of the school around issues related to budget, hiring and school policy. Click here to learn more about the School Site Council.
Family Council- Matt Chapuran (Fundraising Chair), Christine Gathii (Events Chair) and Amy Light (Communications Chair)
The Family Council supports the principal and teachers to provide a dynamic, nurturing, and challenging academic environment for all Mendell students. Click here to learn more about the Mendell Family Council.
Outdoor Classroom Committee- Elizabeth Hadly, K-5 Science Teacher
Family Engagement Team- Hayley Smith, Grade 4 Teacher & Michelle Le Blanc, parent
Inclusion Task Force- Julia Bott, Principal
Health and Wellness Committee- Elizabeth Hadly, K-5 Science Teacher
Arts Committee- Ida Vozzalla, Visual Arts Teacher
There are no upcoming events to display.