Early College at BCLA-McCormack
in Partnership with UMass Boston
- Through the early college program, high school students will take FREE credit-bearing college courses that will be listed on the high school transcript.
- If students complete all the courses during the program (school year and summer), they may graduate from high school with their first year of college completed.
- Students in the BCLA-McCormack Early College program enter into an Education Pathway, where they are able to work towards a career in education or transfer credits to another major/career.
- Students begin taking courses at the BCLA-McCormack site in 10th grade and take additional courses at the UMass campus in the following years of high school.
- Earn real college credit at no-cost
- Build familiarity with college professors and their expectations
- Understand time management
- Experience campus life
- Make new friends
- Save money on college
- Create a direct college path
- Offers different professional pathways for students to consider
- Build good study habits