Summer Teacher Externships
2019 Summer Teacher Externships are here! Externships are designed to equip teachers with experience and a social network of fellow educators that address real-world project and problem-based tasks that guide learning experiences for students as they enter into a rapidly changing world.
Boston Public School's Office of Expanded Learning Opportunities is co-designing in partnership with Autodesk, BoSTEM, the Boston Opportunity Agenda, Microsoft, UnitedWay, and VentureCafé to launch this year's program.
We are excited to be able to offer two incredible experiences open to grade 6-12 BPS educators to join the Summer 2019 pilot program. While our capacity this year is limited to particular grade levels, we plan to expand the opportunities in the future! Teachers will be compensated with either a stipend or PDPs/ALCs.
Programs take place in July&August 2019. The timing of each opportunity varies from 2 days to 10 days, depending on the company you work with and the amount of time you’d like to dedicate.
Autodesk AEC (Architecture, Engineering, and Construction) Teacher Externship:
- A professional development externship opportunity for teachers to build connections with fast-growing, tech-led companies in Greater Boston
- The two-week summer program will expose teachers to the in-demand skills and careers related to the AEC industry (architecture, engineering, and construction), and how they all interconnect
- Teachers will be equipped with information and social networks allowing them to design real-world, problem-based and project-based learning experiences for their students
- The program will run from August 5th through the 19th
VentureCafe Summer Tech Externships Sponsored by Microsoft:
- A new professional development externship opportunity for teachers from all disciplines to build connections with fast-growing tech-led companies in Greater Boston
- The one-week 1/2 day program will run three times: July 8 - July 12, July 15 - July 19, and August 12 - August 16
- Enrollment is limited to ten places per program, and no tech background is needed
- Participants will be compensated with a stipend and per diem for transportation