BPS Educator of the Year
The City of Boston, Boston Public Schools (BPS), and the Boston Teachers Union (BTU) are pleased to announce the 2019 Boston Educator of the Year Awards. The Educator of the Year award is the highest honor given to Boston Public Schools educators.
The Educator of the Year award recognizes the exceptional educators who go above and beyond to impact the lives of Boston Public Schools students. The program celebrates educators who exemplify a commitment to the profession/education by selecting educators who are worthy of representing the positive contributions of our educators district wide.
We invite all of our stakeholders: teachers, administrators, students, families and community members and partners, to nominate exceptional educators and to honor their work and dedication.
The deadline for nomination submissions is March 4th, 2019 at 5:00pm. Please email EOYBoston@bostonpublicschools.org with any questions.
- Individuals may nominate no more than one educator or co-teaching pair per school.
- A nomination form with one piece of supporting documentation must be submitted.
- Supporting documentation can include: written support, photo(s), a copy of student work or artwork, a video (2 minutes or less), or any other documentation that illustrates why an educator is deserving of the award.
- All BPS community members are eligible to submit nominations. This is inclusive of students, BPS families, community members, community partners, school staff, School Leaders, and BPS Central Office Staff.
- Groups that wish to support the nomination of one educator or co-teaching pair are encouraged to compile all submissions and complete one submission form.
- Nominees will be vetted by an internal working group. A formal review committee will select the most outstanding seven educators within the Boston Public Schools.
- Nominees must be Boston Public Schools educators. This award is inclusive of teachers, paraprofessionals, librarians, and other support staff who contribute to the education of our students.
- Educators may not be in their first year of teaching at the Boston Public Schools. Educators must have started working for the Boston Public Schools no later than September 1, 2017.
- Principals and administrators are not eligible for this award.