MPTVHS School Site Council (MPTVHS SSC) – The School Site Council (SSC) is the governing/advisory board of the school.
Who is the MPTVHS SSC?
The MPTVHS Faculty Senate, Parent Council, and Student Government elect representatives to be voting members of the School Site Council. Parents on the School Site Council (SSC) are elected by and accountable to the School Parent Council (SPC).
What does the MPTVHS SSC do?
The MPTVHS SSC develops and approves school policy, including, but not limited to:
- Developing and reviewing the Whole School Improvement Plan (WSIP);
- Developing and approving the school’s annual budget;
- Creating and overseeing subcommittees such as:
- The Instructional Leadership Team (ILT)
- Personnel subcommittee for hiring new teachers
- Engagement Action Team for developing a family & student engagement plan
- Reporting back to School Parent Council (SPC) and the larger parent body on a regular basis.
What does the MPTVHS SSC representative do?
The School Site Council representative reviews and approves school policy, fully participates in the meetings, representing the School Parent Council (SPC) and reporting back to the School Parent Council Executive Committee.
When does the MPTVHS SSC meet?
The MPTVHS SSC generally meets once a month with additional meetings as warranted. The meetings are scheduled for the 4th Tuesday of every month at 4:00 p.m. in Cafe' 75 located on the 2nd floor of building 7. During the school year, there is a change to the schedule to accommodate school vacation months or other pertinent events. The MPTVHS School calendar lists meeting details.
For more information and details about Boston Public School‘s School Site Council, please go to the BPS website School Site Council.