CHANGE OF ADDRESS
If you have moved since registering...
Visit a Welcome Center, bring your photo ID and two proofs of Boston residency. By moving, your school and transportation options may have changed.
Accepted forms of residency proof (the two proof items cannot be from the same category below):
- A Utility Bill (not water or cell phone) dated within the past 60 days
- A Deed, Mortgage Payment dated within the past 60 days, or Property Tax Bill dated within the last year
- A current Lease, Section 8 Agreement, or BPS Landlord Affidavit
- A W2 form dated within the year or a Payroll Stub dated within the past 60 days
- A Bank or Credit Card Statement dated within the past 60 days
- A Letter from an approved government agency dated within the past 60 days
- Approved government agencies include Departments of Revenue (DOR), Children and Family Services (DCF), Transitional Assistance (DTA), Youth Services (DYS), Social Security, any communications on Commonwealth of Massachusetts Letterhead.
Explore your family's new choice list by entering your new address at DiscoverBPS.org
***Note that we can't change your bus stop until you change your address.
If your child’s current school is within your new home-base:
- Your child can remain at his/her current school and may still be eligible for transportation.
- Or, you can select a new school for your child.
If your child’s current school is NOT within your new home-base:
- Your child can remain at his/her current school, but will not eligible for transportation.
- Your child can select a new school to attend within his/her choice list and he/she may be eligible for transportation.