About the Adams
The Samuel Adams Elementary School is a small learning community in East Boston overlooking Piers Park and the Boston Harbor. We have a deeply caring, committed staff who work hard to ensure that all students are on a path to being college and career ready.
What makes our school special:
- A historic school overlooking Piers Park. We have the best view in Boston!
- Early adopters of the Core Aligned Literacy Modules in grades 3-5 and the Focus on First Grade 1 curriculum
- Oral language development support in K1 and K2
- Enrichment programs in music and art
- A Parent Council with elected officers, parent representatives on School Site Council, and two teachers who serve as the school’s Family and Student Engagement Coordinators.
- Many activities for parents including Kindergarten Orientation, Open House, Family Academic Nights, parent workshops, and family potluck suppers
- Physical education, STEM, science, and theatre as special programs for students
- After school programs to support students
- A full-time ESL teacher to provide additional support for our English Language Learners