Boston Public Schools Library Services provides centralized support Boston Public School communities and Library Team members.
The Library Services Department strives to:
- Provide central leadership to schools and departments to ensure that library media centers play a central role in achieving academic targets.
- Lead the strategic planning process, in conjunction with OIIT and the BPS Academic Office.
- Work closely with Principals and Headmasters to build capacity around library media center development and management.
- Enhance equitable access to digital, multimedia, and print resources to foster the infusion of 21st century learning skills into the learning environment.
- Provide professional development for school library team members to support their work as effective teachers and digital/information literacy leaders at their schools.
- Act as a liaison between BPS Library Services and other BPS departments, local libraries, and public, non-profit and private organizations.