Use our Virtual Learning Commons (VLC) to conduct research, find great materials to read or listen to, discover new technology for teaching and learning in each subject area, and learn about how BPS librarians can help you--whether you're a student or a teacher.
Massachusetts School Library Assocation and Department of Elementary and Secondary Education School Librarian Evaluation Rubric with Information Literacy Student Look-Fors
Boston Public Schools Library Services provides centralized support Boston Public School communities and Library Team members.
The Library Services Department strives to:
- Provide central leadership to schools and departments to ensure that library media centers play a central role in achieving academic targets.
- Lead the strategic planning process, in conjunction with OIIT and the BPS Academic Office.
- Work closely with Principals and Headmasters to build capacity around library media center development and management.
- Enhance equitable access to digital, multimedia, and print resources to foster the infusion of 21st century learning skills into the learning environment.
- Provide professional development for school library team members to support their work as effective teachers and digital/information literacy leaders at their schools.
- Act as a liaison between BPS Library Services and other BPS departments, local libraries, and public, non-profit and private organizations.