National Board Certification Support Program
National Board Certification, offered by the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards, is a voluntary performance-based assessment through which candidates demonstrate in-depth content knowledge and best teaching practices as measured against high and rigorous standards.
What are the benefits of becoming a National Board Certified Teacher?
- National recognition as an accomplished teacher
- Advanced teaching license option in many states
- 4% salary increase
- Six graduate credits option
- Opportunities for teacher leadership
- Deeper subject-matter knowledge
- Greater instructional skills
- Improved student learning
For National Board for Professional Teaching Standards Teacher Certification Information: www.nbpts.org
For more information about the BPS/BTU National Board Candidate Support Program click here.