11 Things that make the Mendell MAGICAL!
1. Small school of less than 250 students with two classes per grade.
2. Caring and committed teachers who are Highly Qualified with regular education licenses at all grades levels and special education and ESL licensure at most grade levels.
3. Expanding Inclusive Offerings that provide rigorous teaching and learning to ALL learners in a general education classroom setting including accelerated learners and students with disabilities.
4. After-school care for K1 – 5th grade (until 6pm--sliding fee scale based on income)
- On-site YMCA program for K2 – 5 with extracurricular activities including Karate, Girl Scouts, music and more.
- K1 program provided by Mendell teachers and staff.
5. Affordable Before-school care for K1 – 5th grade (starting at 7:30 am for $20/week or 5 passes for $25)
6. Full-time School Counselor to provide individual and group counseling services.
7. Full-time Science Teacher for all grade levels.
8. Comprehensive Arts Program including a full-time Art Teacher for all grades, part-time Music Education teacher for K1-1st grade students and musical cantata writing and performing education for students in grade 2 through Classroom Cantatas.
9. Physical Education and Recess Activities provided by full-time Playworks coach; Part-time Physical Education Teacher.
10. Brand new Outdoor Classroom for hands-on instruction in science and the arts.