The children’s savings account program helps families of Boston’s district and charter kindergarten (K2) students save for their children’s college or career training.
How does Boston Saves work?
Boston Saves provides each participating kindergartner with an account that includes $50 for college or career training. The program lets parents link any savings, checking, or 529 account to a secure online tool that makes it easy to save, earn rewards, track saving progress, and gain helpful financial tips - all in one place.
Key features of Boston Saves
- Sign-up bonus: Get at least $50, and up to $100, to get started!
- Boston Saves Dollars: Earn an extra $5 for $25 saved every 3 months!
- Community engagement: Receive support from other families.
- Financial education: Learn how to save and pay for college or career training.
- Savings tools: Track your savings to meet your goals.
- Account flexibility: Work directly with YOUR bank by using an existing account or opening a new one.
Who is eligible to participate in Boston Saves?
The “pilot” version of Boston Saves is currently available in eleven BPS schools, but will start to expand to all Boston district and charter schools in Fall 2019. We are starting with the smaller “pilot” version of Boston Saves to make sure the program is the best that it can be before it is made available across the city.
During the pilot, only students in certain grades at our pilot schools will be able to participate in Boston Saves (see below). All students at our pilot schools will be able to access financial tips and resources.
Participating Pilot Schools
West Zone ELC
- Harvard/Kent Elementary
- James Otis Elementary
- Donald McKay K-8
- Franklin D. Roosevelt K-8
- George H. Conley Elementary
- Mattahunt Elementary School
- Martin Luther King, Jr. K-8
- Haynes Early Education Center
- West Zone Early Learning Center
- Gardner Pilot Academy
- F. Lyman Winship Elementary
How do I sign up?
If your child is in a participating Boston Saves class, they already have a Boston Saves account! Log in to the Boston Saves web portal to see the savings in your child’s account. You can use these instructions for help logging in and linking a financial account of your own.