The children's savings account program helps families of BPS kindergarten (K2) students save for their children's college or career training.
HOW DOES BOSTON SAVES WORK?
Boston Saves gives each kindergartner an account with $50 for college or career training. Using a secure online tool, Boston Saves families can track their own savings for their child's future, earn rewards for saving, and gain helpful financial tips – all in one place. Boston Saves is currently available in eleven BPS schools, but will start to expand to all Boston public and charter schools in Fall 2019.
- Sign-up bonus: Get at least $50, and up to $100, to get started!
- Boston Saves Dollars: Earn an extra $5 for $25 saved each quarter.
- Community support: Receive support from other parents.
- Financial education: Learn how to save and pay for college.
- Savings tools: Track your savings to meet your goals.
- Account flexibility: Work directly with YOUR bank by using an existing account or opening a new one.