Getting Started with Airtame in BPS
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Airtame?
- Airtame is a wireless presentation tool that allows any computer or mobile device to wirelessly present their screen to a digital display or projector. No more cables or adapters!!!
How do I get started?
- Start by downloading the Airtame app on your computer. Airtame is compatible with Macs, PCs, Chromebooks, and most mobile devices (iOS and Android). Click here to visit the Airtame website and download the app.
Do I need an account to use Airtame?
- Nope! If you do not have administrative rights to install software on your computer, you may need to download the "Guest" version of the app but you will still be able to present.
Where can I use this?
- Once you have the app installled, you can use this on any Airtame-ready LCD panel or projector in BPS. BPSTechnology is rolling out hundreds of Airtame displays across BPS through the 21st Century Classroom initiative during the summer of 2018 and you'll be able to instantly project your computer on any of those displays as well as any display in the Bolling Building. A few schools also have 100% of their displays with Airtame installed, including the new Eliot and Dearborn buildings!
What should I do if I do not see the "Airtame" background on the TV?
- First, check to see if the display is powered on. Most displays have a power button near the edge, either on the bottom or on the side of the display.
- Once the TV is powered on, it may take 5-10 seconds for the Airtame to power on and show on the TV.
- Next, scroll through the inputs to make sure the TV is set to the HDMI input. If the TV has multiple HDMI inputs, you may need to scroll through each until you see the Airtame background.
- If you still can not see the Airtame background, look behind the TV to see which HDMI input the Airtame is plugged into and confirm that the Airtame has not falled and that it is powered on. If you see the blue light on the Airtame, everything is all set.
- If you still can not see the Airtame background, give the OIIT Help Desk a call (x9200) and we can send a technician out to your location.
My computer can't connect to the display; what should I do?
- First, check to make sure you are connected to the Internet.
- Second, make sure you are not on the Guest network. The Guest network is separated from the BPS network and computers will not be able to present to Airtame while connected to the BPS Guest network.
- Third, check the Airtame support website for common troubleshooting tips and guides.
- Finally, if you still can not connect your computer to the Airtame display, give our Help Desk a call at x9200
Can guests present to Airtame?
- Any device that is on the network can present to an Airtame unless it is connected to the Guest wifi. If you have a guest that needs to present, you can do one of two things;
- Have the guest download the Airtame app and connect to the regular BPS network (not the guest wifi)
- Have the guest use a cable to connect to the TV
What should I do if I do not hear audio?
- If you do not hear audio, make sure you are clicking the audio icon in the Airtame app. This adds a short delay and sends audio from your computer to the screen.
- When you first install the app, it will prompt you to install the audio driver. If you did not do this or you are still having audio issues, you can manually install the audio driver by clicking here.