Warren/Prescott K-8 SchoolParents considering a safe and effective school need not look further than the Warren/Prescott School K-8 School. The school is housed in two buildings: the Lower School is at 50 School Street and the Upper School across the way at 8 Pearl Street.We are a small school with a family atmosphere. Teachers, parents, and others who make up the school community form a strong team with a proven record. Staff members have advanced training and many years of experience; and our parents are welcome visitors and active participants in their children's educational experience.
Because research shows that more instructional time improves academic progress, we have expanded our before and after school programs every year.
What makes our school special:
• A small school with a family atmosphere
• Experienced teaching staff: 90% have or are working toward a Master’s degree in their specialty
• Tutoring provided by local community agencies
• Big Brother and Big Sister programs
• Extended learning time two days per week for grades 6-8; instruction includes introductory Latin, instrumental music, music theory, visual art, theater, soccer and academic support
• Specialist teachers for art, music, physical education, and science
• BPS Citywide Math Champions, 2012
• A recess program that promotes safe, positive, and fun activity for all students
• Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts programs on site
• Chorus, musicals, and theater productions
• Another Mathematics Path program
• Emergency preparedness training• Fitness programs including BOKS, cycling, yoga, and soccer• Special education classrooms• Berklee College of Music. Bunker Hill Community College, Charlestown Boys and Girls Club, Charlestown Lacrosse, Charlestown Working Theater, Courageous Sailing, IBM, Massachusetts General Hospital, MIT, New England Center for Children
• Before school program: BOKS Fitness focusing on healthy habits, nutrition, and excerciseAfter school programs:Free: Math Path, soccer (upper school), visual art (upper school), theater (upper school), chorus, theater productions, America SCORES soccer, Boy Scouts and Girls Scouts, 10 Boys, 10 Girls, sailing, and more.
Fee-based: Kindergarten, first grade and second grade extended day; third grade homework help; instrumental music, visual art (grades 3-5), and more. Scholarships available for fee-based programs.
50 School Street
Charlestown, MA 02129
2017-2018 School Year Hours
8:30 a.m. - 3:10 p.m.
Early Dismissal, the day before Thanksgiving and last two days of school: 1:10 p.m.
School Type: Regular