UP Academy Charter School of Dorchester
UP Academy Charter School of Dorchester (UP Academy Dorchester) is a tuition-free, college preparatory elementary and middle school. UP Academy Dorchester currently serves students in grades K1-8.
UP Academy Dorchester aims to ensure its students will acquire the knowledge, skills, and strength of character necessary to succeed on the path to college and to achieve their full potential. Every assignment and every class is designed to prepare students for success in our school, high school, and beyond. The teachers and staff members work extremely hard to create and maintain a positive school culture that celebrates our students’ achievements and cultivates a true love for learning.
What Makes Our School Special?
- Public, tuition-free, college preparatory middle school managed by a school management organization, UP Education Network
- Aims to ensure all students are on an unbreakable path to high school and college and to achieve their full potential
- Rigorous, standards-based curriculum and instruction that emphasizes an increase in intellectual independence in math and reading
- Culture of high academic and behavioral expectations for students, families, and staff
- Open lines of communication between school and family; multiple opportunities for family involvement
- Core values include teamwork, integrity, grit, engagement, and respect (TIGER)
- Lottery-based enrollment open to all students in the district; for additional information and/or an application, please visit upacademydorchester.org
- 1:1 and small group support during the school day
- Character education program
- Comprehensive supports for all students, including students with disabilities and English language learners
- Extended school day and year to maximize instructional time and provide additional opportunities for arts and physical education
- Cradles to Crayons
- Dovetail Learning
- The Family Engagement Center
- Fidelity Investments
- The Home for Little Wanderers
- Imajine That!
- The Learning Project
- Strong Women Strong Girls
- Boston Cares
- City Year
Before and After School Programs in Our BuildingBefore school: Breakfast served from 7:15-7:45am daily
After school: Programming offered for K1-5 until 6pm everyday!
Middle School Principal
Director of Operations
35 Westville Street
Dorchester, MA 02124
2017-2018 School Year Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday, 7:30 am-3:30 pm; Wednesday, 7:30 am-12:30 pm
Early Dismissal: 12:30 pm