TechBoston Academy (TBA) is a pilot school for grades 6-12, founded in 2002. TBA offers a college preparatory curriculum where technology is the bridge that connects the student to their learning experience. Students are exposed to a wide array of technology: laptops, Smartboards, Mobile interactive whiteboards, Classroom Performance System student response system, Google Apps for Education, podcasting, and video production. These technologies are integrated throughout their subjects, offering students multiple ways to learn. Students use laptops throughout the day and learn to see technology as a tool, not a toy, in their learning process.
TBA offers an extended-day program that allows all students access to academic supports and extra-curricular activities.
What makes our school special:
- Pilot school for grades 6-12 with approximately 1,000 students, offering a college preparatory curriculum with technology focus and interdisciplinary, project-based learning
- After-school program for all students that provide various academic supports
- Winner of many awards and recognitions, including Model Secondary School and Innovative High School awards from the Gates Foundation, Newsweek Magazine's Best High Schools 2014 Bronze Medal Award and Boston Magazines's Best of Boston Education Award
- Full sports program and after school activities for all grades
- Personalized learning and tutoring with classroom teachers
- Summer enrichment opportunities
- Inclusion program for students with special needs and English language learners
- Accessibility to extracurricular opportunities related to technology
- Advanced technology courses, including digital art, Adobe graphic design applications, computer science and engineering
- Enrichment and unique elective opportunities
- Facilities: full cafeteria, 800-seat auditorium, library, brand new athletic field, science labs, outside learning space, College Center.
Special academic programs:
- Inclusion program for students with special needs
- Sheltered English Immersion (SEI) program (cluster and inclusion)
- Breakthrough Greater Boston, Hayden Foundation, Boston Scholar Athlete, 826 Boston, CAST Universal Design for Learning Studio, Dorchester YMCA, Dorchester Leadership Academy, Home for Little Wanderers, Crossroads for Kids, Benjamin Franklin Institute of Technology, Codman Square Health Clinic, Facing History and Ourselves, Action for Boston Community Development, Tomorrow’s Teachers Today, Need 2 Lead, Suffolk University, Wentworth Institute of Technology, Harvard Medical School, Harvard Graduate School of Education, and UMass Boston.
After school programs in our building:
- Varsity and JV sports (football, basketball, baseball, soccer, cheerleading, volleyball, softball, track, wrestling), JROTC Drill Team, Student Government, Dorchester Leadership Academy, Anime Club, Technology clubs, Book Club, Haitian American Responsible Teens Program, Music Club, Robotics Club, National Honor Society, Bear Zone with Boston Scholar Athletes, and Boston Debate League.e
9 Peacevale Rd.
Dorchester, MA 02124
Fax: 617-635-16222017-2018 School Year HoursMon. Tues. Thurs. & Friday:7:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.Wednesday:7:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.Grades: 6-12
Early Dismissal, day before Thanksgiving and last two days of school: 11:00 a.m.