Charles H. Taylor Elementary School
The Taylor School is committed to a model of progressive education that supports and nurtures each student, validates and celebrates linguistic and ethnic differences. The Taylor School offers a comprehensive education with an emphasis on Literacy, Mathematics, Science, Technology, and Physical Education.
Safety nets are available through our Resource Rooms, Literacy Interventionists, and Reading Fluency technology with voice recognition. As a progressive institution, our goal is to build an intellectual infrastructure that enables children to understand the world around them and eventually become self-sufficient. We also have a K0-K1 integrated class and a total of 6 K2 classes, including one K2 inclusion.
- Rigorous academics, with emphasis on reading, mathematics, and science/technology
- Continuous assessment of students’ progress, measured through monthly publishing of writing pieces, reading/comprehension tests, and math and science tests
- Highly skilled, committed staff
- Outdoor science classrooms
- Positive Behavior Intervention System schoolwide, including monthly celebration and Purple Heart rewards.
- Guaranteed assignment to the Mildred Avenue School
Special academic programs:
- Advanced Work Classes with Japanese language instruction for eligible students in grades 4 and 5
- Special education strand for ESD/SAR students
- Outstanding Haitian Sheltered English Instruction (SEI) program for K1-grade 5 which supports our English language learners
- Franklin Park Zoo, Scholastic, Troubadour, Edvestors, Community Music Center of Boston, Very Special Arts, Miton Academy, ReadBoston, UMass Boston, Brighton Allston Mental Health, Wakefield Estates
Before and after school programs:
- Before school, 7:00-9:15 am: tutoring and enrichment program, $40 per week or $5 a day; BOKS exercise program, 3 days a week
- After school, 3:30-5:45 pm: enrichment, homework and tutoring program, $60 per week
1060 Morton Street
Mattapan, MA 02126
9:30 a.m. - 4:10 p.m.
Early Dismissal, the day before Thanksgiving and last two days of school: 2:10 p.m.
School Type: Traditional