Snowden International School at Copley
The Muriel S. Snowden International School is an International Baccalaureate World School with a demanding college preparatory curriculum and a focus on global studies. Snowden has additional graduation requirements including: four years of the same language (Japanese, Mandarin, Spanish, or French), Community Action Service, a senior research paper and studies in International Relations. Students must earn a minimum grade of a C- in order to pass each course.
Snowden is proud to offer students the opportunity to travel and study internationally. We believe it is essential for our young scholars to have opportunities beyond the classroom in order to expand their understanding of the world, build competitive college applications and become culturally responsive adults.
We are also proud that Snowden students have the opportunity to enroll in the challenging International Baccalaureate diploma program in grade 11 and 12. Students who pass all course work in this rigorous two-year program are awarded an IB diploma in addition to their Boston diploma. IB World Schools are found in six continents; the IB diploma is recognized by over 850 colleges and universities.
- International studies focus for all students
- International baccalaureate diploma and certificate program
- Requires four years of world language study, history, science, and math
- Requires community service hours
- Promotes responsibility via open campus (classes held in three buildings)
- Promotes global learning via international travel study
- Promotes inquiry, critical thinking, risk-taking, intercultural understanding and respect
- Passing grade is a C- in all courses
- Many opportunities to engage families, including two parent-teacher conferences each year
- After school support through Calderwood Writing Center and college tutors