• UPK Community Provider Registration 2023-24

    Apply for UPK at community-based providers for 2023-2024

    Update (March 1, 2023): Applications are now being accepted for the 2023-24 school year for UPK community-based providers. 

    You can apply in two ways:


    • Directly through the UPK-funded community provider. BPS works with 20+organizations and 30+site locations - who are independent organizations funded by the City of Boston - and the community provider can register the UPK student at their organization. Families can view their options here or see the map below. 

    • Online, you can apply in one place and rank your top three choices - Apply now here. Families who submit an application beginning on March 1, 2023, will be contacted about placement at a community-based provider beginning on March 15, 2023. Families who submit an application after March 15, 2023 will be contacted within one week. 

  • There is no geographic restriction for UPK at community-based providers, other than Boston residency. For example, a family can choose a community-based provider site close to work, another caregiver, or based on another convenience factor.

    In order to register a child for Universal Pre-K at Boston Public Schools or community-based providers, you must provide two documents verifying the child's address and one document verifying the child's page. If you are applying for UPK at a community-based provider, you will be asked to upload the documents into the application and enrollment platform (SchoolMint).

    Priority Enrollment

    Boston Public Schools Universal Pre-K uses the following priority order for enrollment at community providers: 1) students currently in a 3-year-old UPK seat at a provider who are eligible to continue in a 4-year-old UPK seat; 2) newly eligible students currently enrolled at a provider, but not yet enrolled in a UPK seat; 3) eligible students whose families submit an application via SchoolMint beginning on March 1, 2023. 

  • Apply Now
  • Prepare ahead of time: "What documents do I need to enroll?"