Oliver H. Perry Elementary School
The Oliver H. Perry Elementary School is a strong and welcoming community of thinkers, problem solvers and collaborators that was recently recognized as a School On The Move Award finalist. Together with our powerful partners and a very supportive family network, we work hard to ensure that our students are growing, developing and experiencing success each and every day!
At the Perry, we are focused on supporting our students to become critical thinkers, problem solvers, and skillful readers and writers while experiencing the joy of learning. We want all students to have the opportunity to engage in deeper thinking, discourse, and writing each and every day.
- 2018 - 2019 School On The Move Award Finalist
- High quality before- and afterschool programs provide 1.5 hours of programming in the morning and afternoon
- Multisensory Outdoor Classroom and Schoolyard overlook the Harbor Islands and Dorchester Bay
- Field trips and community outings take advantage of our phenomenal location near parks and all that South Boston, the Seaport and Downtown have to offer our students
- Highly wired school with 1:1 computer access for all students
- All students participate in PE, Visual Arts, Science and Computer Technology with digital and Instrumental music provided by Boston Music Project
- Athletic programming during recess and social-emotional support groups provided by powerful partner Doc Wayne
- Perry Pride assemblies and daily shout outs recognize our students for living out our values: Work Hard. Be Kind. Respect All. Perry Pride.
Special academic programs:
- Highly specialized special education programs for students with intellectual disabilities.
Before and after school programs in our building:
- Before school, 7:30-9:15 am, Monday-Friday: drop-in program
- After school, 4:00-5:30 pm: a program led by Perry staff, Monday-Friday
Andrew B Rollins
745 East 7th Street
South Boston, MA 02127
9:30 am - 4:10 pm
Early Dismissal, the day before Thanksgiving and last two days of school: 1:40 pm
School Type: Primary