Perry K-8 School
Our instructional focus is to provide opportunities for students to explain their thinking with evidence-based oral and written responses. This focus will allow our students to develop the critical thinking skills needed for high school and college. We consistently communicate our school values of "Work Hard. Respect. All. Perry Pride." every day to our students, since we truly believe that hard work and respect for all are essential for educational and life success.
All Perry K-8 School staff work collaboratively to engage our students in challenging and engaging learning tasks. We provide intervention and supports to students in math and reading through our special education teachers and intervention specialists to insure that all students are maximizing their academic growth.
Students in all grades benefit from our collaboration with the New Philharmonia Orchestra. Students in grades 4 through 8 can take string music instrument lessons during the school day. Students in K2-grade 3 participate in chorus and general music classes once a week.Special Features:
- Strong school climate: Students are positively reinforced every day with “Shark Bites” and “Shark Shout Outs”
- Monthly assemblies when students are recognized for academic achievement, academic improvement and positive citizenship
- Oceanfront outdoor classroom created by the Schoolyard Initiative Initiative
- Wellness program physical education and health
- Inquiry-based science curriculum
- Strings instruments, chorus and music classes
- Access to technology: All teachers have projectors, and we have two Chromebook carts, three Ipad carts, and one Macbook cart to support daily lessons.
- Highly specialized special education programs for language-based learning and developmentally delayed students.
- New Philharmonia Orchestra, Urban Improv, UMass Boston, New England Aquarium, Boston Children’s Choir, Paraclete Center (South Boston), “The Ollie” South Boston Neighborhood House, South Boston Boys & Girls Club, John Hancock Financial Services, Massachusetts Cultural Council Freedom Trail Foundation
- Before school, 7:45-9:15 am, Monday-Friday: Drop-in program for K1-grade 5, $5 per day per student; Shark Squad fitness program on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, fee.
- After school, 3:30-5:00 pm: program for K1-grade 5 led by Perry staff, Monday-Thursday, $15 per day.
745 E. Seventh Street
South Boston, MA 02127
9:30 a.m. - 4:10 p.m.
Early Dismissal, the day before Thanksgiving and last two days of school: 2:10 p.m.\
School Type: Regular