Otis Elementary School
We have a diverse and dedicated group of highly qualified teachers that reflect the diversity of our student population. Most of the Otis staff speaks two or more languages. Most have their ESL license in addition to their primary license.
The Otis is one of few select schools that employ a full-time Community Field Coordinator. This position plays a vital role in communicating with families on school policies and student progress.
We always end our year on a high note, with our fifth graders' annual full-scale production at the East Boston High School Auditorium. Our students enjoy a full complement of art, music, theater, science and computers.
- First Family Friendly accredited school in BPS in 2014
- Full-time community field coordinator
- Diverse, multilingual staff
- Specialist teachers for art, music, dance, science, and computers
- Music, art, science, computers, physical education, keyboard lab
- Extended Learning Time School, 8:30-3:10
- Interactive Polyvision whiteboards in most classrooms.
- Afterschool ESL classes for parents
- Active Parent Council, with representatives on our School Site Council
- Guaranteed assignment to Edwards Middle School or Umana Academy.
Special academic programs
- Special Education: Integrated Early Childhood program, K0/K1
- English Language learners: Sheltered English Instruction (SEI); multilingual program
Before and after school programs in our building
- Before school, 7:30-8:15 am: BOKS fitness program; tutoring
- After school: program for children of parents enrolled in on-site ESL school program, Monday-Thursdays, 2:30-4:45 pm; tutoring by Otis teachers for select students; YMCA program, 2:30-6:00 pm
218 Marion Street
East Boston, MA 02128Phone: 617-635-8372Fax: 617-635-8376School Hours
8:20 am - 3:00 pm
Early Dismissal, the day before Thanksgiving and last two days of school: 1:00 p.m.
School Type: Regular