O'Donnell Elementary School
The Hugh Roe O'Donnell School is a safe, successful, high-performing and family-friendly school. The O’Donnell community welcomes students of all ethnicities, and we recognize and celebrate the deep cultural diversity that the O’Donnell School represents.
AVID College Prep is mandatory for grades 4 and 5. A-Net tests helps prepare students for MCAS in 3-5 grade. Reading Street,History Alive K-5,TERC II Math,L4L Teacher Laptops and science classes & outdoor garden learning. All students have physical education, digital art, science, music and computer. Our active School Parent Council meets monthly, with childcare provided. After school tutorial support. YMCA has off-site, extended-day. Our bilingual nurse leads health services. All communication is in English and Spanish.
- First in Math computerized enrichment program for grades 1–5
- History Alive social studies for K–grade 5
- Hatchett Book Group and Generations Inc. reading initiatives for primary grades
- 10 Boys Initiative mentorship programs for at-risk ethnic minority boys
- Neighborhood of Affordable Housing (NOAH) summer program
- Discovering Justice character development, social justice and citizen awareness program
- Tech Goes Home: parents and students take computer classes together and can buy a computer with a no-interest loan
- Guaranteed assignment to Edwards Middle School or Umana Academy
Special academic programs
- AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination) college readiness for grades 4 and 5
- Project ALERTA/UMass Boston academic and enrichment for Latino students
- Achievement Network for grades 3-5, Alliance for a Healthy Generation, AVID Advancement Via Individual Determination, East Boston Social Center & Health Center, Fitness Forward / Drive 2 Fitness Program, Generations Incorporated Literacy Program, Hatchett Book Group volunteer readers, Shady Hill School Teacher Training Program
Before and after school programs in our building
- Before school: BOKS fitness program (12 weeks)
- After school: ALERTA for grades 3-5, free, 3:30-5:00 Wednesday and Thursdays
- Summer: NOAH Summer Schoolyard Day Camp, July-August
33 Trenton Street
East Boston, MA 02128
9:30 am - 4:10 pm
Early Dismissal, the day before Thanksgiving and last two days of school: 2:10 p.m.
School Type: Regular